Thursday, October 7, 2010

My Philosophy on Medicine

I thought that I should explain my views on traditional vs alternative medicine, least you misunderstand what I'm doing here on my blog.

I believe that God has given us great knowledge, both in the medical arena, and in nature's bounties. If it hadn't been for medical knowledge, my father wouldn't have had the extra 20 years with his family, and would have died from kidney failure. So I do value medical knowledge. However, I do feel that there is great value in the herbs that God put on the earth for our benefit. In fact, I do know that a lot of the medicines that have been developed, are based on the properties of herbs. Since no one can patent a naturally available growing species, pharmaceutical companies develop the herbs synthetically in order to make money on them. The problem with creating medicines synthetically, elements are missing or added, that can cause problems. Man cannot improve upon what God has made. But, I also don't believe that we should only use herbs and shun medicine.

I believe that I have achieved a happy medium. I do what I can with herbs and alternative medicine first. I feel it relieves the load at doctor's offices, and saves on money. I research the symptoms and what herbs/alternative medicines help with those health problems. I do all I can to practice on myself and family, to relieve the symptoms or attack the source of the problem. After all I can do, if the problem isn't cured or alleviated after a few weeks, then I will go to the doctor.

So, I believe my philosophy is a moderate position in health care. Just so you understand, I do not say that these remedies are prescriptions and guarantee a return of robust health. That is up to God. These recipes are to aid in your use of herbs, and to help in your research for caring for yourself, your family, and others. Be wise and prayerful.

No comments:

Post a Comment